Community Health Education: Why Shape Your Future
Shape Your Future encourages Oklahomans to eat better, move more and be tobacco free to improve community health. By leading nutritious lifestyles, Oklahomans can decrease the number citizens who fall victim to death and disease while increasing community health, physical activity and quality of life. It’s easier than you may think. To get started, try some of our tips below:
- Fill half your plate with fruits and vegetables.
- Fresh, frozen or canned – fruits and veggies power you up.
- "Get Your 30" – 30 minutes of moderate to vigorous physical activity daily.
- Remember, children and adolescents need additional time – 60 minutes.
- This can be walking, vacuuming, gardening, playing basketball, etc.
- Can be in three, 10-minute sets of time – just get your heart rate up!
Interested in getting more information on how to lead a healthier lifestyle? Check out these resources: